Kirkconnell Birds is committed to the conservation of Cuban birds: Cuba is the largest island in the Caribbean. It is home to over 374 bird species, of which 26 (including the world’s smallest bird) are endemic to the island—15 Cuban species are considered globally threatened. Cubans are undertaking action now, but support is necessary so that some of the last remaining wilderness areas of Cuba and the Caribbean are not lost forever. A unique opportunity exists to realize tangible conservation action for up to 13 of the globally threatened species and a number of endemics, while also helping to facilitate the development of national and Caribbean-wide conservation programs.
- Improve knowledge of the natural history of Cuban endemics and threatened birds: bird distribution, habitat requirements, nesting, and feeding ecology.
- Improve habitat protection for native species and important wintering sites for migratory species.
- Improve the protected bird areas in Cuba.
- Improve environmental education among people.
About Kirkconnell’s Birds
Kirkconnell’s Birding Tours is specialized in top-quality Cuba birding tours, with more than 30 years of experience, guided by passionate and experienced professional tour leaders. We’ve designed the current birding itinerary’s. While our mission is first and foremost to deliver the ultimate birding experience, our tours are also educational, fun and excellent value for your time!
To those who have already toured with us, we say thank you for your loyalty and support, and if you have yet to experience a Kirkconnell’s Birds tour, we look forward to having you on one of our upcoming birding adventures!
Our Cuba Birding Tours Core Goals:
- Customer-Focused: We are committed to providing the highest level of customer service. That’s why groups will never exceed 8 participants.
- Results-Oriented: We believe our success depends upon our leadership and management teams’ abilities to focus and execute their mission.
- Teamwork: We believe in building and maintaining long-term, professional, win-win relationships with our clients, and all our business partners in order to achieve mutual success.
- Excellence: We are committed to being a high-performance team, by staying focused on total customer satisfaction. We continuously analyze our processes and ourselves in order to become the best of the best.
On the Kirkconnell family, we have been birding for over 30 years, we can offer you the experience of your life in what birds are related.
Our main goal is for you to learn and enjoy all of the Cuban endemics, starting with the Bee Hummingbird, the smallest bird in the world, and ending with the striking Cuban Trogon.
Enjoy Cuba, its Nature, Culture and Beautiful People.
About Giraldo Alayon Dr. Giraldo Alayon is a Ph.D. in biological science, a researcher and curator at the Museum of Natural History in Havana, Cuba, and is well-known as the spider expert in all of the West Indies and Central American region. Dr. Alayon has published more than 150 articles about evolution and biogeography of…
Some of our clients
Years of Experience
Specialization & services
Why work with us
- Small groups, six to eight participants.
- We excel in delivering outstanding RESULTS. We exceed our customers’ expectations every time.
- Our customers and partners can always trust us to conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Dependable and reliable in everything we do. We always deliver what we promise and we do it on time
- Our scrupulous attention to details leads us to excellence and great achievements. We always pay attention to details. No detail is ever too small or insignificant.
Our customers are our lifeblood. We are only successful when they are completely satisfied with the results of our work.
Passionate about our work, and we are the best at what we do. We are leaders, not followers, and we always set the bar high.
ON everything we do we go 120% and then we try even harder. Never quit and we always learn from our mistakes.