Kirkconnell Birds is committed to the conservation of Cuban birds: Cuba is the largest island in the Caribbean. It is home to over 374 bird species, of which 26 (including the world’s smallest bird) are endemic to the island—15 Cuban species are considered globally threatened. Cubans are undertaking action now, but support is necessary so that some of the last remaining wilderness areas of Cuba and the Caribbean are not lost forever. A unique opportunity exists to realize tangible conservation action for up to 13 of the globally threatened species and a number of endemics, while also helping to facilitate the development of national and Caribbean-wide conservation programs.
- Improve knowledge of the natural history of Cuban endemics and threatened birds: bird distribution, habitat requirements, nesting, and feeding ecology.
- Improve habitat protection for native species and important wintering sites for migratory species.
- Improve the protected bird areas in Cuba.
- Improve environmental education among people.
About Kirkconnell’s Birds
Kirkconnell’s Birding Tours is specialized in top-quality Cuba birding tours, with more than 30 years of experience, guided by passionate and experienced professional tour leaders. We’ve designed the current birding itinerary’s. While our mission is first and foremost to deliver the ultimate birding experience, our tours are also educational, fun and excellent value for your time!
To those who have already toured with us, we say thank you for your loyalty and support, and if you have yet to experience a Kirkconnell’s Birds tour, we look forward to having you on one of our upcoming birding adventures!
Our Cuba Birding Tours Core Goals:
- Customer-Focused: We are committed to providing the highest level of customer service. That’s why groups will never exceed 8 participants.
- Results-Oriented: We believe our success depends upon our leadership and management teams’ abilities to focus and execute their mission.
- Teamwork: We believe in building and maintaining long-term, professional, win-win relationships with our clients, and all our business partners in order to achieve mutual success.
- Excellence: We are committed to being a high-performance team, by staying focused on total customer satisfaction. We continuously analyze our processes and ourselves in order to become the best of the best.
On the Kirkconnell family, we have been birding for over 30 years, we can offer you the experience of your life in what birds are related.
Our main goal is for you to learn and enjoy all of the Cuban endemics, starting with the Bee Hummingbird, the smallest bird in the world, and ending with the striking Cuban Trogon.
Enjoy Cuba, its Nature, Culture and Beautiful People.
About Arturo Kirkconnell Sr Arturo Kirkconnell Sr curriculum vitae includes 77 scientific papers and he is the co-author of two books: A Field Guide to the Birds of Cuba, and A Birdwatchers’ Guide to Cuba, Jamaica, Hispaniola, Puerto Rico and the Caymans. At present he is working in another project: The birds of Cuba that will be…
About Arturo Kirkconnell Jr Arturo Kirkconnell Jr, born and raised in Havana Cuba, he studied Computer Science, but since the age of 12, he has been birding and traveling through all the country with his father Arturo Kirkconnell, participating in many of his expedition and bird research as his field assistant. The first tour he…
Some of our clients
Years of Experience
Specialization & services
Why work with us
30 years on the market
- Small groups, six to eight participants.
- We excel in delivering outstanding RESULTS. We exceed our customers’ expectations every time.
- Our customers and partners can always trust us to conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Dependable and reliable in everything we do. We always deliver what we promise and we do it on time
Attention to details
- Our scrupulous attention to details leads us to excellence and great achievements. We always pay attention to details. No detail is ever too small or insignificant.
Hundreds of happy clients
Our customers are our lifeblood. We are only successful when they are completely satisfied with the results of our work.
Passionate about our work, and we are the best at what we do. We are leaders, not followers, and we always set the bar high.
Team of professionals
ON everything we do we go 120% and then we try even harder. Never quit and we always learn from our mistakes.